what the fuck texas, what the fuck.
1. Pronounces separation of church and state as a myth.
2. Demands that Congress withdraw federal court jurisdiction over pending cases involving religious freedom and the Bill of Rights
3. Demands that creation be taught as a part of Texas public school science curriculum.
4. Opposes the sale and use of emergency contraception and backs the Legislature’s war on women’s health programs
5. Rejects “any sex education other than abstinence until marriage” in public schools
6. Advocates banning abortion, even in cases of rape, incest or to save a woman’s life
7. Advocates the repeal of the Voting Rights Act
8. Advocates repeal of minimum wage laws
9. Advocates abolishing the Environmental Protection Agency and Department of Education
10. Advocates abolishing the Social Security Tax and replacing with Individual Retirement Accounts
11. Abolish Pre-K and Kindergarten programs
12. Demand tax-payer funded educational vouchers
13. Demands there be no regulation, accreditation, licensing, or testing for private or home schooling
14. Demands an end to state licensing regulations for certain professions
15. Demands repeal of Hate Crimes Law
16. Declares LGBT Texans are a threat to society. Calls for doing away with any laws that protect them against job discrimination and hate crimes.
17. Calls for more funding cuts for Texas public schools, even more than the draconian cuts of 2011.
18. Demands change to the 14th Amendment
19. Threatens federal judges with impeachment for not following Conservative philosophies in controversial court cases
20. Calls for repealing Sarbanes-Oxley and the Dodd-Frank Act
21. Calls for increasing the authority of the highly politicized and dysfunctional State Board of Education to establish the curriculum of Texas public education. (i.e. the SBOE would appoint the Texas Commissioner of Education)
i’m actually sorry they were offended.
but i’m not sorry at all for the picture.
and i’m particularly sorry that i posted it now because the notifications. -.-
Hello, Nicolette. I can call you Nicollette, right? You won’t get offended if I called you Nicolle, or Nic, or Lette, would you? Let’s just stick with Nicollette, it’s easier this way.
Moving forward, I see that you posted a picture of you with Sharpie on your face with the caption “i colored my face with sharpie and i sent this to my friend and told her that i was black now omg”. At the time, I’m quite sure that you thought this was funny. You sent it off to your Caucasian friends, and you all had a good laugh.
Now help me out here…. what exactly about this is funny? What, you think it’s okay to portray another race in black face; hell, in Concord Grape Jelly Colored Sharpie, no less? Or are you hiding the fact that you don’t have enough melanin in your skin to actually BE black? I find this picture hilarious, for a number of reasons, one being that you look like the wrong side of a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, but I digress.
People of color are not your personal jokes. We are not people you can “color your face” with and hold up a thumbs up like you did a job well done. You didn’t. You look like a damn fool. By doing this, you, Nicollette, have shown yourself to be a preposterously miserable subhuman and a putrid feeble-minded plague of sighing and grief to everyone you encounter.
How would you like it if I went and got a stringy haired blonde wig, got one of my art friends to make me a prosthetic nose, and went and bought an ugly sea green Aeropostale sweatshirt and took a picture of myself in white face holding a thumbs up saying “I put peanut butter on my face and sent it to Tumblr and said omg, I’m Nicollette, a monstrously subliterate trollop and a rotten blood-freezing cesspool of implied racism”? Wouldn’t feel good, would it?
STOP THIS. Sure, you’re from New Jersey and you have no life, but those are shortcomings we can make up for with some learning. Ok, a LOT of learning, but I believe anybody is teachable; hell, even Hellen Keller was able to learn SOMETHING. Ask yourself this: did the friend you send this to just so happen to be black? I don’t think so. You KNOW what would’ve happened had you sent this to your black friend; they would’ve rightfully and totally beat you down.
THIS is racism. This is why you’re getting the dirty looks from the Tumblr Universe right now, because you thought something like this was funny enough to actually put on the Internet. NO.
I suggest that you delete this picture and just log off of the Internet for a couple of days. Go talk to your black friend Elin and tell her what happened. If she’s got any sense, she’ll tell you that what you did was WRONG.
You’re a a grievously repulsive scoundrel for this picture and your actions. Nicollette, stop being a devilishly naive idiot and a narcissistic simple-minded cacophonous catastrophe. Masticate on that for a while.
By the way, people of color are too cool to just hold a thumbs up. That’s white people shit. Stop that. We throw up the peace sign.
“Omg but I’m not racist tho”
Fuck this gringo shit.